Click on Java Applet Links to see a list of the available Java applets and open them.
NOTES on using the Java applet version of CalcPlot3D and other Java applets:
Recent versions of Firefox (starting with version 52 that released mid-March 2017) no longer support Java applets like the Java version of CalcPlot3D and the CalcGrapher applet (and Chrome has not supported Java applets since 2015). Happily we do still have some options to continue to run Java applets. Java applets will still run in Internet Explorer 11, in all older versions of Firefox (version 51 and before) and in the new Extended Support Release versions of Firefox, versions 52+ (see below).
If you are having trouble getting my Java applets to run, here are some useful links about this issue in Firefox and how to install an updated version of Firefox (Extended Support Release) that will still support Java applets until sometime in 2018 (in the 32-bit version).
The following link is for the download page for the Extended Support Release of the current version of Firefox. Be sure to select the option for your system that is NOT 64-bit. That is, it must be the 32-bit version of ESR Firefox. Only the 32-bit version will run Java applets. You may still need to install the Java plugin again, although if it was already installed and updated on your computer, it may well already be there.
Note that you will need to click to Activate Java on the applet page once you install this version of Firefox and open the first Java applet page. You can trust it and not be asked each time you run it.
Please let me know if you have any further trouble, but this ESR version of Firefox should take care of any issues for now. It installs just like a normal Firefox and is the most up-to-date version in every respect.
If the Java applets on this site still do not work for you on a computer using the Extended Support Release of Firefox or Internet Explorer 11, you most likely need to Click here to install the newest version of the Java Plugin on your browser.
CalcPlot3D Java Applet related Articles, Awards, Links and Documentation:
- See my ONLINE ARTICLE on the Java version of CalcPlot3D from Fall 2011 in the MAA’s MathDL journal, LOCI Resources: CalcPlot3D, an Exploration Environment for Multivariable Calculus.
- The main webpage for LOCI Resources is: http://www.maa.org/publications/periodicals/loci
- See my project page on MERLOT, a collection of online resources for teaching and learning at: http://www.merlot.org/merlot/viewMaterial.htm?id=437177
My project was awarded the MERLOT Classics Award for Mathematics for 2011. For more details see the 2011 link on the following webpage: http://info.merlot.org/merlothelp/index.htm#merlot_collection.htm#Peer_Review_Processes
- This project was also awarded the 2010 ICTCM Award. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICTCM_Award.
- CalcPlot3D is included as a resource in the Multivariable Calculus Course Community at the MAA’s MathDL website. (Also see the main Course Community page.) Please visit the CalcPlot3D resource page there and RATE it! Also please consider adding a comment (anonymous) and/or start/add to a discussion thread about this applet and how you have used it.There are also a number of other useful resources for teaching/learning multivariable calculus in this collection that you may find useful.
The following PDF document and online Help pages give help on how to use the Java version of CalcPlot3D.
- Guided Tutorial document
- Click here for the online HTML version of this Guided Tutorial and Help pages.