Larson Java Applets
Larson Calculus, 9th ed., Active Figures:
The following figures, examples, or exercises in the Larson Calculus text can be explored dynamically using Java applets.
- Section 5.4, Exer. 85 and a similar example: Graphing the Antiderivative Function from the Graph of its Derivative
- Section 5.6, similar to Figure 5.44: Trapezoid Rule/Simpson’s Rule
- Section 6.3, Examples 1 & 3: Checking Solutions of Differential Equations in Slope Fields
- Section 7.2, Figure 7.20, Example 3: Volume of Revolution – The Washer Method
- Section 7.2, Figure 7.25, Example 6: Volume with a Common Cross Section
- Section 7.2, Exercise 62: Volume with a Common Cross Section II
For full functionality of 3D applets, a Java Plugin should be installed.
At this point users are recommended to use the Extended Support Release of Mozilla Firefox to view these applets.