- The Faculty Senate shall be the representative governing body of the Faculty.
- It shall develop and recommend policies and guidelines in all areas of Faculty responsibility.
- The Faculty Senate shall, through its President, inform the President of the College of its recommendations.
- The Faculty Senate shall be the voice of the Faculty to the President of the College, to other administrative officers as appropriate, and to other faculties and groups.
- The Faculty Senate carries out the academic governance process through judicious and timely deliberations.
- It also ensures through the electoral process a broad participatory role from individual units in the initiation, development, implementation, and evaluation of the educational program at Monroe Community College.
- In addition, the Faculty Senate structure provides for an organized liaison between the faculty and the President of the College, other administrative officers, and the College Community at large.