Checklist for term papers

___ My name is on the paper.
___ I re-read the assignment instructions and believe this paper conforms to the instructions.
___ The first paragraph conveys to the reader what the topic of my paper is.
___ The last paragraph brings the paper neatly to a close and includes some summary of the overall issue(s).
___ I am very familiar with APA style, or if not familiar, I looked up APA style to try to become familiar with it, and then I followed APA style for the way I cited my sources and showed references at the end.
___ I wrote this paper for this class.
___ If I copied wording from some source (whether a web page or a book or whatever), I made sure to put the wording in quotation marks and I cited the source using correct APA style.
___ When paraphrasing and summarizing, I made sure that my wording isn’t similar to the wording of the original source.
___ Whenever I made specific factual claims about things in the world that are supposedly true, I backed them up with a legitimate (and mostly scholarly) source citation.
___ I showed a full bibliographic reference (using correct APA style) at the end of my paper for every source that I cited within my paper.
___ I think the paper flows neatly from one paragraph to the next.
___ I carefully re-read the paper just before submitting it to try to catch any last remaining errors like misspellings and poor grammar.