Monroe Community College, Rochester, NY
Professor, Speech/Media Communication, Visual & Performing Arts Department
- NISOD Award Recipient for Teaching Excellence
- Inspiring Woman Award, Women for Women Conference, Student Sponsored Nomination
SUNY College at Brockport, Brockport, NY
Adjunct Instructor, Business Administration & Economics Dept.
ChangeWorks! Coaching/Training, Rochester, NY
Owner, Speaker, Trainer, Coach…hired by several educational institutions, professionals and organizations
Creative Development and Audio/Video Talent: Marketing, promotional & educational projects.
Specialties: Public Speaking, Interpersonal/Organizational Communication, Leadership, Teamwork, Integrating Change
Citibank Student Loans, Rochester, NY
Internal Communications Manager, Quality Development Team
- Developed and implemented business communication needs assessment to identify service/skill risks;
- Created, implemented, managed and evaluated business communication strategies;
- Planned, supported and evaluated culture change initiatives, including business downsizing of 600 employees;
- Designed, facilitated and supported communication and quality training and implementation;
- Supported Marketing & Sales Teams as project manager for new product launches and branding initiatives;
- Created and managed business communications media, including Intranet, television system & print materials;
- Led and coached the Business Communication Team on the implementation and use of new tools;
- Organized and managed business events, from new product launches to employee recognition programs;
- Managed budget of $400,000, contributing to a 67% improvement of employee satisfaction ratings.
County of Monroe, Rochester, NY
Training Instructor, Monroe Community Hospital
- Designed, implemented and evaluated training for 1000 employees, including programs of communication,
quality improvement, leadership, facilitation, state/federal mandatory inservices & employee orientation;
- Planned and facilitated process improvement and change efforts across the 1000 person facility;
- Developed and managed internal communications regarding education for all staff;
- Coordinated consultant training and tuition reimbursement program;
- Developed, managed and evaluated college affiliation relationships and contracts;
- Managed budget of $125,000.
Outreach Specialist, Department of Environmental Services
- Developed and facilitated community and corporate events, presentations and training;
- Identified, established and developed industry and community environmental and educational partnerships;
- Planned, developed and executed public education & media relations campaigns, promotions and advertising;
- Developed and implemented staff communication and total quality training for 300 employees;
- Supervised promotion and education program supported by 300 volunteers;
- Managed $300,000 budget.
Mills Hall Walborn Advertising, Rochester, NY
- Created concepts, headlines and promotional copy for print and radio advertisements.
WXXI TV/Radio/Reachout Radio & WGMC Radio, Rochester, NY
Various Roles including Operations, Production, Underwriting and Talent
- Supervised daily broadcast operations, produced special programs and served as on-air talent;
- Managed media relations and development;
- Recruited, trained and coordinated work of 300 volunteers.
Education & Training
SUNY College at Brockport, Brockport, NY
Master of Public Administration
Bachelor of Science, Communication/Broadcasting & Business Marketing
Center for Applications of Psychological Type, Gainesville, FL
Qualified Administrator, Myers Briggs Type Indicator
International Association of Business Communicators
Supports organizational communicators via training, research and networking opportunities.
American Society for Training and Development
Provides professional development and networking opportunities in the field of training, organizational development and human resource management.
Toastmasters International, Postprandial Chapter
Focuses on the development of public speaking and leadership skills.
- Vice President of Education, 2000 – 2001
- Mentor Program Coordinator, 1999 – present
- President, 6/97 – 6/98
Lead the membership/executive board through needs analysis, goal setting, project planning & management; maintain an environment of growth and continuous improvement; ensure organization ethics.
- Vice President of Public Relations, 6/93 – 6/94
Developed, implemented & managed promotions & media/public relations. Editor of chapter newsletter.
- Achievements: Able Toastmaster Silver Award, 1998 Competent Leader, 1998 Able Toastmaster Award, 1997 Competent Toastmaster Award, 1994 Toastmaster of the Year, 1993 – 1994
Churchville-Chili Youth Sports
- Travel Baseball – Team Bookkeeper
- Little League Softball – Team Coach
An educational & practical community leadership program.
WXXI Reachout Radio
On-air reader of printed materials for the visually-impaired.
Z Club of Rochester
Datsun Z car enthusiasts – charter member.